Choose the correct form of the verb, whether singular or plural (certain sentences can have both options):
- Economics at my faculty is/are very hard to pass.
- The police is/ are coming.
- The Government is/are trying to control what you think.
- Water is/are good for you.
- Here is/are the news from the BBC.
- Shingles is/are a viral infection that causes a painful rash.
- Darts is/are my favourite game in a pub.
- Dominoes is/are played all over the world.
- The surroundings is/are quiet.
- The outskirts of the city is/are rather dull.
Make the following nouns countable (there are different options, below are just examples:)
Write the plurals of the following nouns (some can take two forms):