Fill in the gaps with a ZERO or FIRST conditional:
- If you _____ (heat) water to 100ºC, it_____ (boil).
- Mary is a very hard – working girl. After she____(arrive) home, she immediately____(do) her homework.
- If you ____(cheat) on exams, you____(be) then a cheater.
- If it____(rain), you____ (get) wet without an umbrella. Please take it!
- You_____(be) a great tennis player if you ______(exercise) a lot!
- My mother _____(be) happy if I ___(help) her in the kitchen with cooking.
- I’ll ____(help) you if you ____(need) some assistance.
- I always _____(get) wet when it____(rain) as I don’t take umbrella with me.
- Unless you ____ (learn) hard for the exams, you____never_______(graduate) from the faculty.
- Susan _____ (get) great marks if she ____(learn) enough.
- If babies _____(not/be) happy, they (cry).
- You _____(get) water if you ______(mix) hydrogen and oxygen.
- After I _____(arrive) to work, I always _____(make) a cup of coffee for the start.
- They _____(come) to visit us if we_____(invite) them.
- My mother usually_______(cook) for us if she_____(be) at home.
Zero conditional: If +present simple, …present simple.
First conditional: If + present simple,…future simple.
***Note! Zero conditional is mainly used in
a )science and for some
b) general truths or
- You get water if you mix hydrogen and oxygen.
- If you heat water to 100ºC, it boils.
- After Mary comes home, she immediately does her homework.
Drill: Put all the sentences in whether zero or first conditional:
- If it_____(snow), I ______ (stay) at home.
- Susan _____(come) to visit us if she_____(find) some time.
- Tom_____(cook) dinner for us if we____(come).
- If your friend_____(want) us to come, we_____(arrive) immediately!
***Note! First conditional is used in some specific but real situations related to a) present or b) future.
- If you don’t hurry up a bit, the bus will leave!
- If John invites us to the party, we will come.
Fill in the blanks with TOO or ENOUGH:
- These oranges are_____ripe. Don’t eat them.
- I haven’t been learning______. I don’t think I’ll pass the exam.
- My bag was_______ heavy, so asked a man to help me.
- There’s ________food for everyone, so please help yourself.
- You are_______nervous and I don’t want to talk with you.
- Being a student is_______stressful for me.
- You work hard________to make for a living.
- There are ________many things you need to change.
- Are you old_______ to drink beer?
- What do you think is there ________drink for all of us?
- This is_______. I can’t take it any more!
- All the bags were________heavy so we couldn’t bring it.
- I would like that we all have ________luck for the competition.
- You don’t have__________money so you can’t buy a toy.
- It’s ________hot! We can’t drink it!
- I don’t like to think if there will be________hot water for showering.
- This is________risky situation, so I won’t take a part in it.
- My father doesn’t have________time to pick me after school.
- Many people don’t have_______time for their children.
- This is________ difficult task. I won’t be able to solve the problem.
- Do you have ________free time after school?
- I don’t think that just buying a present is_________. You need to apologize.
- You’re just_______little for me. I don’t like short guys.
- Is there________space for all of us?
- You’re ________ odd. I’ve never met a person like you.
- Are you comfortable ________ with your boyfriend?
- There are so many things I need to do but _______ little time!
- Are you smart________to join Mensa? What do you think?
- This is ________funny. I can’t stop laughing!
- What do you think, am I fit_______to put on this red dress?
- This is________confusing but I finally figure out.
- My friend is ________far away so we can’t celebrate this NY together.
- I had_______time to make some additional decorations.
1. These oranges are too ripe. Don’t eat them.
2. I haven’t been learning enough. I don’t think I’ll pass the
3. My bag was too heavy, so asked a man to help me.
4. There’s enough food for everyone, so please help
5. You are too nervous and I don’t want to talk with you.
6. Being a student is too stressful for me.
7. You work hard enough to make for a living.
8. There are too many things you need to change.
9. Are you old enough to drink beer?
10. What do you think is there enough drink for all of us?
11. It is enough. I can’t take it any more!
12. All the bags were too heavy so we couldn’t bring it.
13. I would like that we all have enough luck for the
14. You don’t have enough money so you can’t buy a toy.
15. It’s too hot! We can’t drink it!
16. I don’t like to think if there will be enough hot water for
17. This is too risky situation, so I won’t take a part in it.
18. My father doesn’t have enough time to pick me after
19. Many people don’t have enough time for their children.
20. This is a too difficult task. I won’t be able to solve the
21. Do you have enough free time after school?
22. I don’t think that just buying a present is enough. You
need to apologize.
23. You’re just too little for me. I don’t like short guys.
24. Is there enough space for all of us?
25. You’re too odd. I’ve never met a person like you.
26. Are you comfortable enough with your boyfriend?
27. There are so many things I need to do but too little
28. Are you smart enough to join Mensa? What do you
29. This is too funny. I can’t stop laughing!
30. What do you think, am I fit enough to put on this red
31. This is too confusing but I finally figure out.
32. My friend is too far away so we can’t celebrate this NY
33. I had enough time to make some additional decorations
Fill in the blanks with am not, is not or are not ( you can use contractions I’m not, isn’t , aren’t if you like) :
- Susan ___ a tall woman.
- Peter and Sara ___ best friends.
- It ___ very difficult for me to finish the task.
- You ___ in a very good position to judge.
- My family ___ very large.
- There ___ a nice shoe shop nearby.
- It __ a bad weather today, so I’ll go out.
- Sonia and her dog ____ on the sofa.
- My best friends ____ always there to support me.
- There ____ many things I can do for you.
- Spiders ___ lovely animals, are they?
- It ___ the best year in my life, really.
- The police ____ investigating the crime.
- I think she ___ overweight.
- They ____ at the supermarket.
- Sonia’s best friends ____ excellent students.
- I ___ an English teacher and you ____ my students.
- Pete and Tony _____ best friends.
- She _____ my sister and I love her very much.
- Our dogs _____ brownish as you can see.
- This watch ____ useless. I’ll keep it .
- I ____ nervous because of the test tomorrow. What about you?
- These notebooks ____ mine!
- This______ a difficult task.
- There ______many things I can do at home.
- My parents______ rich, they are middle class people.
Fill in the sentences with the proper forms of the verbs to be and to have. (KEY is included in the link above🙂
- I_________ very hot in here. Could you turn some air-conditioning on?
- The sky ________ very cloudy and black.
- All of my friends_________cell phones! I really need one!
- Susan__________one son and two daughters.
- You__________a very nice dress!
- There_________so many places I’d like to visit soon.
- We__________lots of chores to do today.
- You __________ great marks. I think you’re getting better.
- These tasks_________too difficult for us!
- It________very hot and sunny outside.
- There________some unusual spots on it. Come to see it.
- They_________ a nice couple.
- My daughter_________two pets.
- The pot ______very hot so be careful!
- We_________lots of new products to offer.
- My friends________ very kind.