MODALS IN PAST (PASSIVE)-EXERCISES ( MODALNI GLAGOLI U PORŠLOSTI -PASIV- VEŽBE )
Complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first, using no more than three words. Contractions ( shouldn’t , didn’t , needn’t..) count as one word. The first one is done for you.
( Dovršite drugu rečenicu tako da ima slično značenje sa prvom, ne koristeći više od tri reči.
Skraćenice ( shouldn’t , didn’t , needn’t..) se računaju kao jedna reč. Imate prvu rečenicu koja je urađena.)
- I’m sure you dropped your wallet at the bus stop.
You must have dropped your wallet at the bus stop.
- Maybe Peter missed the classes.
Peter _________________the classes.
- Jack knew how to skate when he was ten.
Jack _________________ skate when he was ten.
- Emma was wrong not to tell you the answer.
Emma _________________you the answer.
- It wasn’t necessary for us to pay to get in.
We_________________pay to get in.
- I’m convinced that Susan didn’t steal your money.
- Perhaps Lazar didn’t see you.
- Maria washed her clothes, but it wasn’t necessary.
- It wasn’t necessary for me to learn from all three books.
I didn’t _____________from all three books.
- It was not good we worked so much.
We_________________worked so much.
- You were wrong to study so late!
- Did you manage to stop him?
Were you_________________stop him?
- It wasn’t necessary to work hard.
I didn’t_________________work hard.
- Perhaps Tim has lost his way.
- It was possible for you to hurt yourself.
You could _________________yourself.
- It would have been a good idea to tell me.
- I’m sure the class enjoyed it.
The class must_________________it.
- I cooked dinner but it wasn’t necessary.
- I’m sure it wasn’t a postman.
It _________________a postman.
- It wasn’t necessary to do any homework yesterday.
I ___________________any homework yesterday.