- Why don’t you give me a call or drop me a line sometime?
- We’ve made the bad decisions down the line.
- If you want to get a line on your favorite celebrity, you may want to google it.
- Somewhere along the line I’ve made a mistake.
- You know John, he’ll take the line of least resistance. He knows how to get out of the dilemma.
- It must fall into line with our efforts to simplify our policies.
A Blessing in Disguise – Idiom
Examples of Blessing in Disguise:
*I had a bad mark at the IELTS exam. It was as a blessing in disguise and it motivated me to learn more.
*His broken leg was a blessing in disguise as he could not go to the war at that point.
*Being arrested for driving while being drunk was blessing in disguise as I realized that I had been alcoholic so I went to the rehab.
You may want to provide your own examples:
IDIOMS – Flash Cards – Memory Cards
IDIOMS in this set of Flash Cards:
1. behind the eight ball
2. catching someone’s eyes
3. a little bird told me
4. a stone’s throw from here
5. at the end of sb’s rope
6. a catch 22 situation
7. dropping like flies
8. foaming at the mouth
9. have (one’s) head in the clouds
10. lose one’s marbles
11. be mad as a hatter
12.be on the fence
13.out on a limb
14. on the other hand
15. to sit on top of the world
16.put your thinking cap on
For the additional idioms look here: