Practice: Match the parts of the sentences from 1-10 to a to i:
- Ice melts when
- If it rains,
- I’m late for work if
- When you eat too many sweets,
- Tom does his homework when
- Lions work in teams if
- If you’re a male trying to attract a mate,
- When a person or an animal comes into an area your dog considers his territory,
- People become depressed
- When the liquid is heated,
a. … it can be frightening.
b. … when they gain wealth
c. … the vapor pressure of the gas escaping from the liquid is equal to the pressure exerted on the liquid by its surrounding.
d. … it becomes most dense at 4Co (39o F).
e. … it moves in this way.
f. … the potential conflict grows.
g. … I’m hungry.
h. … they bark.
i. … they haven’t been able to feed well during the previous day.