Phrasal verbs with FALL: examples
- The summit was icy then but it was thawing as we were up there and the ice was falling away.
- The house fell into decay.
- They fell on the bread as if they hadn’t eaten for days.
- It all fell to me to the point it became overwhelming.
- We all fell about when he told us a joke.
- My favorite mug fell apart so I need a new one.
- The enemy fell back as our troops advanced.
- I can always fall back on my mum if I have a problem.
- Our garden tree fell down on the ground during the storm.
- I rushed for the door and fell over a small rock.
Exercises: Fill in with the proper forms of phrasal verbs in the picture:
- An expectant hush __________ the guests.
- Beyond the hill, the land __________ sharply towards the river.
- I don’t have any more money to __________ on.
- Part of the hotel __________ the sea.
- The one thing to do when you can’t __________asleep is to simply get up.
- Europe’s monetary system is__________.
- My bathroom ceiling __________ today, only to reveal a huge water leak.
- Tom broke his leg, missed school for several days and __________.
- Christmas Day__________ on a Saturday.
- The market for their product __________ to almost nothing.
- Their marriage finally __________.
- Don’t __________the rent or you’ll be evicted.
Author: Darija Radovanović
Please follow and like us: